I think I’m being bullied or harassed 
Bullying is offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting behaviour, an abuse or misuse of power to undermine, humiliate, denigrate or injure the recipient. The behaviour or treatment may relate to a person’s gender, disability, gender re-assignment or gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, age or any other protected characteristic. 
Harassment is behaviour which is unwanted and which violates a person’s dignity or creates an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment. The views of the person who is being subjected to the unwanted behaviour are important when considering whether something constitutes harassment. 
Further details on what bullying and harassment mean are set out in our ‘What are bullying and harassment?’ support article
Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile). 
Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are scared or fearful you can call Security on 0121 331 6969 when on campus
  • To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help. 
  • The University Mental Health & Wellbeing Team has trained student advisors on site Monday to Friday. You can contact the team by calling 0121 331 5188. 
  • If you are staff member, you may wish to contact one of the dignity at work advisors to talk through options and get some advice. 
  • Victim Support offer free and confidential advice and support.

Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence. You can report an incident no matter where it took place.

Student Governance (students) or HR (staff members). If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow.
 Get Support 

If you are worried or concerned about someone else, find out more about how you can help them.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened